Episode 3: You Can Make Any Work You Do Rewarding
Jan 21st, 2017 by emmanuelnaweji
A sense of rewarding and joy is a choice you’ve got to make when you work.
The way you approach your daily work will determine what kind of reward you get out of what you do.
This podcast is based on a blog post I published a few days ago, 4 Practices to make your work more rewarding.
Here are the points that I mentioned in the podcast, which also come out of the post.
1) Work heartily.
- Whatever you do, do it in the most truthful way.
- Show enthusiasm just as if you were doing it for yourself. And do it with one heart and eagerness.
2) Do it as if you were doing it for the Lord.
Keep in mind that whatever you do to people, it is to Jesus you're doing it. And one day, you will give an account of how you will have treated people in your life.
3) There is a reward for everything you do.
What you sow is what you're going to reap. (Galatians 6:7) That is kind of life. What we do today is likely to come back to us in one way or another.
4) You are serving the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Those who treat people with love and grace do it to Jesus.
- Jesus calls them faithful and good servants. So, what you do in life is a means of serving Christ.
- You are a servant of Jesus in the eyes of God.
- Doing good to people where you may be is a sign of being good and faithful to Jesus. (Matthew 25: 23)
Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ. Colossians 3:23-24 ESV.